Sunday 24 May 2015

Learning about Galapagos Islands

For the past half term the intermediate classes have been learning about the Galapagos Islands and how the animals adapted and evolved to the environments of the Galapagos Islands. There are many animals on the Galapagos Islands including the famous Giant Tortoise, the intelligent Finches  and the new different species that lives in caves. I have found this topic really interesting. I also have a new favourite animal which is the Marine Iguana. I have learnt that the Islands were created millions of year ago and that they used to be volcanos. Another thing I have learnt during this topic is that every animal on the Galapagos Islands came from another place on earth, for example the Galapagos Penguin that used to be  Emperor Penguins that got swept from Antarctica in a current.  I would like to learn about how other different animals and why they  evolved to the environment they live in now. A topic for next social studies should be about planes.



Thanks Guys for reading I will be back next week with another blog post!



GOODBYE!



No comments:

Post a Comment