Tuesday 12 May 2015

ASB GETWISE

On Wednesday a young man named Vane from the ASB bank came in to talk to our class about financial stuff and how to save money. Vane talked to our class for just over an hour. He also made us make our own CAT goal. My C.A.T. goal was to buy a new bike and if I got twenty dollars a week it would take me 46 weeks to save up for a new one.
 

I did find this lesson really worthwhile and fun, because he taught us different ways to save our money and how to use credit cards and what our income would be for different jobs. For example if you were a lawyer you would get paid more than being a checkout man who works at the supermarket. Vane also taught us how kids could earn money really easily.



There were many key point from the lesson but I think the main one is to never tell ANYONE your PIN number and to always make it something no one else will know.



I think I will be able to manage my money well. At the start of the lesson Vane made up put both of our hands in the air and then slap them together and see where our thumbs land on out hand. If your left thumb was over your right thumb it would mean you where not good with money, if you right thumb was over your left it would mean you where good with money and if you thumbs where side by side it would mean you where alright with money. Sure enough my left thumb was over my right thumb and that meant I was not smart with money until Vane said it was completely made up.



The thing that I could improve my money management is by saving up more and not to spend the money I earn.



Thank you for reading this blog post this week I will be back next week with another one.



GOODBYE!


No comments:

Post a Comment