Monday 23 March 2015

How Camp Went!

Hello!


First of all let me get something straight. CAMP WAS THE BEST! Done.
On Monday morning all of the year eight got together on the school drive way and then we set off for our journey to Hillary Outdoors. Its only the second best camp in New Zealand. We did all sorts of different activities including caving, high ropes, canoeing, flying fox, overnight camping. bridge jumping, tramping and many more fun activities.  
The most challenging thing for me was the bridge jumping. Before you jumped it looked so far down and the really cold water was so nerve racking.
Most of the stuff was challenging except the overnight camp wasn't so challenging to me because I go proper camping quite a lot. But the thing that was challenging on the overnighter was putting up the tent. I think most people struggled with putting up the tents.

My proudest moment defiantly was jumping off the 7M bridge and all of the freedom when you where jumping off.

The easiest Thing for me was the canoeing.


My favourite moment was when I was in the caves and I completed the Pooh's Bear Crack. The crack was about 30 cm wide and I have always been scared of tight spaces and I think I'm now over that fear.


OPC was such a great experience and I will never forget it. All of the memories will stay with me forever.



1 comment: